Wednesday, May 14, 2014, 6:40 PM - 12:00 AM
Saint Andrew the Apostle Parish May Procession
Date: Wednesday May 14th
Time: Students report with parents and families to Msgr. McGettigan Hall promptly at 6:40. We will begin praying the Rosary in the Hall at 6:45.
Attire for Students
Kindergarten students wear their “Sunday Best”
- Girls wear skirts or dress
- Boys wear dress slacks and a collar shirt with dress or casual shoes. (No sneakers)
Second grade students wear their Communion attire
- If your child did not receive First Holy Communion, then dress clothes as described for Kindergarten, or the dress uniform are appropriate to wear.
Sixth grade students wear their Confirmation Robes
- If your child did not receive Confirmation this year, then the dress uniform is appropriate to wear
Eighth grade students wear dress clothes
- Boys wear dress pants, shirt, tie and jacket.
- Girls wear dress or skirt/blouse.
All students in grades 1,3,4,5 and 7 wear their full dress uniform which consists of sweaters for the girls and ties and vests for the boys. The extended forecast calls for cooler weather so I think it wise to wear the sweaters.
The May Procession will start the Rosary while in the hall. The students, followed by parents and other family members will process out of the hall via the School Lane/Foss Avenue door. All families are invited to join the procession behind the school children.
At the end of the prayer service, the students will process, with their class, out of the front doors of the church and to the Hall. Parents are asked to meet their children in McGettigan Hall.