In order to be accepted, your child’s application for admission must have the following:
- A copy of your child’s birth certificate
- Baptismal Certificate: original document, not a copy. (If you need an original document of your child’s Baptism, please call the Rectory of the Church in which your child was Baptized and ask them to issue you a new document).
- Copy of up-to-date immunization records (to be retained in school). No student can be accepted without up-to-date immunization records.
- Copy of most recent school records (satisfactory academic and behavioral grades required)
- Non-refundable registration fee. See Tuition and Fee Schedule for amount.
- SMART Admin. Fee and Technology Fee (can be paid at registration or added to first payment).
- Families new to our school: if you are Catholic and reside within the boundaries of another parish that operates a school, our Pastor must have the written permission of that parish’s Pastor in order for your child to attend our school. (Does not apply to Preschool)
- If your child had an Early Intervention, has an IEP or 504 Plan, copies of reports
- Copy of custody agreement, if applicable
For students applying for admission to our upper grades (5 to 8), we will also need the following:
- Completed application.
- Copy of latest report card/testing/academic/discipline records.
- Satisfactory academic records.
- Satisfactory behavioral records.
- Student will visit our school for a day to meet their new classmates.
- If student is coming from a school other than a diocesan school, student will be asked to take a grade level exam, and there will be a meeting with parents/guardians of student and our principal.
- Permission (in writing) for our principal to contact student’s homeroom teacher or principal.
To be eligible to enter a grade, your child must meet the following age requirements:
Grade 1 Age 6 by August 31
Kindergarten Age 5 by August 31 Full day program, 8:05 AM to 2:45 PM
4 Year Old Pre-School Age 4 by August 31 8:05 AM to 11:30 AM, Mon, Wed. & Fri.
3 Year Old Pre-School Age 3 by August 31 8:05 AM to 11:00 AM, Tue. and Thur.
Tuition payments will be made to SMART Tuition Management Services. SMART provides the administrative functions associated with the billing and collection of payments. If you are new to our school you will be asked to fill out a SMART form. SMART offers the convenience of automatic deductions from your bank account, payments by mail, web or telephone, or payments may be charged to Amex, Discover or Mastercard. (A convenience fee applies to all credit card payments). If you choose automatic deductions from your checking account, we will need a “voided” check. SMART charges a once-a-year administration fee to manage your account. This fee will be added to your first tuition payment. (If you pay in full by August, you will not be charged the fee. In this case your payment in full will be made to our Rectory, not SMART).
About our buildings:
We offer half day Pre-Kindergarten programs for 3 year olds (Tuesday & Thursday) and 4 year olds (Monday, Wednesday & Friday) as well as full day Kindergarten through 8th grade. Both morning and after-school CARES is available for K-8th grade students. Saint Andrew School is fully credited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. For a complete review, go to www.ces-msa.org. Under “Search our Schools’, enter “Saint Andrew School.”
Our Fr. Joseph McShain Building (Lower School) contains grades preschool to 4 and our offices. This building is located in the middle of the block on Mason Avenue. Look for the red and gold “Saint Andrew School” sign.
Our Fr. John Hughes Building (Upper School) contains grades 5 to 8 and Msgr. McGettigan Hall. This building is located at the corner of Foss Avenue and School Lane across the street from Saint Andrew Church.
Please call the school office (610-259-5145) if you have any questions.
PRINT 2017-2018 APPLICATION PACKET